Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thumper Talk yamaha lowering link install report

From the great members of Thumper Talk's Yamaha Dual Sport forum:

I set aside a couple of hours today to install my Yamalink that I ordered.I had seen the video and had a simple set of instructions without photos that came with the link. Well the install took 30 minutes without any hassles. The quality of the piece is superior to the Ymaha casting that you remove. I had previously raised my forks 5/8" in the triple trees and figured on not changing it for the present time.

Riding impression.............besides giving me more footprint (which is nice) the Yamalink is very beneficial in other areas. Highway cruising between 65-75 mph feels much more stable and safe.The suspension soaks up expansion joints and other road irregularities. It feels like the link put my suspension right on the working part of the curve, it also gave me the confidence to do some compression and rebound dampening. A short ride off road displayed better manners, it was much easier to plant a leg and power slide a quick u-turn when needed. Bear in mind that I have no plans to race etc,etc. I simply am working towards making this a safer and quicker bike. To sum it up I am very pleased with my Yamalink, one of those rare purchases that you make that is "spot on"

No comments: